Saturday, September 6, 2008

LOGJAM!!!

Last night was Logjam 2008. Basically, all the clubs and events and sports of UPS set up on the big lawn in front of Wyatt Hall and the student walk around and sign up for what they are interested in. I signed up for the mailing list for the UPS newspaper The Trail. I picked up a brochure for student photographic service (which take pictures for the newspaper and yearbook and get paid for it) and I signed up for Crew. The school also provided free food(!!!) and live music including a UPS rock band, some hip hop acts, and the male (Garden Level) and female (What She Said) a capella groups. It was a really fun time. To top of the night there were fire dancers while we waited for it to get dark, and fireworks sposored by Farelli's pizza. I got some really nice shots in my opinion. I'm still wrestling with the idea of dropping Chinese and wondering if I did if I would want to replace it, or just take three classes. I have to have 32 units when I graduate, that is exactly 8-per-year, except I have 4 units (possibly 5 when I get my art portfolio reviewed) extra because of AP classes, so I have a bit of wiggle room. I guess I'll keep thinking it over, but the idea is looking more and more appealing as I hear about the commitment level that crew requires.



















No comments: