Monday, September 15, 2008

fun times.

So I spent yesterday evening in the ER. That was fun. I had a kind of anxiety attack due to the combination of not eating regularly, not getting enough sleep and a number of other things. I couldn't breathe so I used my inhaler, and that made my heart speed up, and it was quite scary. My heart slowed down but my chest was still really tight and cold on the inside, so I decided to head to the ER instead of waiting around. Better safe than sorry.

Security drove myself and 2 friends to the nearest ER. They basically made sure everything was slowed down, gave me oxygen, and told me to quit stressing out and get more sleep.

I got back to the school around 2:30AM. And then I got up at 8:30 to go to class. That was a good time. After class I ate some lunch and then returned to my room and slept from about 1:30PM to a little after 5:45. 

Dad wasn't lying when he said big brother is watching though. This afternoon, the RD (resident director) came down to my room to make sure I am doing okay. Security passed it down the line until my RD and RA were informed and sent down to make sure I was going to live. It is kinda nice to know that I am being looked out for even when I am being independent.

I am now hanging in the lounge, trying to get my homework done. Reading, highlighting, even typing notes. I'll do what I can, then I'll go to sleep and get up in the morning and finish the rest. 

I'm cool. Everything is fine. But like my Mom said, it isn't in my genes to be able burn the candle at both ends.

No comments: