Monday, September 1, 2008

Fur.

So, I watched the movie Fur for the first time in a long time tonight. After hanging out all day and visiting the Tacoma mall (affectionately known as the Tac-town mall) I really just felt like being antisocial. So I curled up at my (now clean) desk with a great big genie cup of tea and some hemp necklaces and watched a movie. Fur, directed by Steven Shainberg, is so ridiculously creative and beautiful and romantic that every time I watch it I fall more and more in love with it. The movie is an imaginary portrait of the photographer Diane Arbus, and although it gets its 'R' rating for a reason, it is very thought provoking. Nichole Kidman is beautiful and intriguing as Diane and Robert Downey Jr. is soulful, gorgeous, and haunting as Lionel. The first time I watched it, I felt a very "what the heck" feeling. The second time I adored it. The third, I fell in love. This time, I actually cried it made me so emotional. I encourage everyone who reads this to go the the local video store and pick up a copy.


No comments: