This phonathon application is the most difficult paper I've ever filled out. Harder than biology homework. Seriously. The difficult questions are as follows:
- What is the one thing about yourself you are most proud of? Why?
- Passionate, persistent and persuasive! Of these adjectives, please choose the one that best describes you, and detail a personal experience that demonstrates why you chose that particular adjective.
- What three words would others use to describe you?
- Many people apply for this job. Tell us about any experiences, work or personal, that make you stand out in the crowd. What do you believe to be the traits of a successful telephone fundraiser?
- What three things are most important to you in a job?
- Describe how the Puget Sound Link fits with your personal and professional goals.
- Phonathon callers must feel comfortable asking for pledges of monetary support. Please give an example of how you would formulate an ask to support unrestricted funds.
- Phonathon callers face many objections. How would you respond to an alumnus who refuses to pledge their support because they are upset with the university?
Not only are the questions difficult, but there were many grammatical errors. I don't know if I can work in an office that has grammatical errors on the application!