Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fajitas



Last night Sarah and I whipped up some fajitas, mostly from stuff we both had around the house. We did pop out to Tacoma Boys, a nearby produce store (sample-as-much-as-you-want homemade chips as salsa), and got a green pepper (and I got 2 for 1$ grapefruits and some spinach) and then to Safeway to get some chicken. We sautéed a clove of garlic, added some onions, added a can of "ready-cut" tomatoes with green chiles in the can, tossed in the green peppers and some pre-cooked chicken, and let it simmer. We just spiced it with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Put it on some teensie tortillas with queso and salsa and you have one delicious meal. Sarah ate hers with avocado (also 2 for 1$ at Tacoma boys) but I passed because avocado is so nasty to me. I really want to like it but I just can't. The fajitas turned out to be really yummy: spicy but not overwhelmingly so. Our wine selection was a red wine from a box. Haha. Red wine is growing on me I think. I didn't used to like it at all, but I can definitely drink a glass now. We watched Dexter and I knitted. I'm getting closer and closer to finishing Madie's braided headband.

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Glad you had a yummy dinner and a nice evening.
mum xoxoxo

shannon.dolphay said...

Good work, chica!