Saturday, August 16, 2008

Megan.

Megan is the greatest sport ever! She is totally radical, not to mention gorgeous, and she lets me drag her around town and take her picture. I have no doubt that this girl is going to be the next big thing considering she is super smart, and she can sing, and play guitar, and design, and model, and pretty much everything. Keep an eye out for her somewhere in the spotlight in the next few years!






In other news, my countdown is down to four days. Four ridiculously short days. I'm trying to get everything packed, but I have so much STUFF in my room that it is a difficult task. Luckily most of my clothes are packed; next shoes, then other stuff. I'm excited to go to Tacoma, to meet people, take classes, live on my own(ish)... but at the same time, I'm anxious about leaving my family (especially Harlee) and the home I have lived in all of my life.

The past week of my life, since I've returned from camp has been one of the happiest I've had in over a year. I just realized that so much pressure is gone after all the crap I've gone through this summer. I had an epiphany, and in my moment of total clarity, I realize that I won't miss a lot about great falls, and that a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I can breathe again. And I also realized that I have done a lot of growing up this summer than I never would have been able to handle before. All I need is my family and solidarity in my individuality and I am set. I'm not going to find myself by blindly searching, so I'm going to have to create myself instead. And I'm happy with that. I'm happy with the pieces of my life that are falling together into a beautiful puzzle-scene.

No comments: