Wednesday, May 20, 2009

oh my...


I've returned. I'm searching for a job, and I'm stitching away. I've really come to love embroidering. I don't know why, but I do. I did this one to send my Nana in a letter. I was on quite a teapot/bird kick, and I thought, what better a way to enjoy both of my current muses (after getting past the elephant obsession) than to put them together. I was trying to explore the similarities between teapots and birds... 


Currently, I'm trying to do a set of three frames (like the ones on the right by chez-sucre-chez) inspired by the artist Georges D'Espagnat. From what I can tell, he's a lesser known impressionist who taught at l'ecole de beaux arts, but he has a pair of paintings that from what I can tell are the same woman and little girl. One is of this elegant, feminine woman in black standing on the train platform holding the hand of this angelic little girl wearing a pink, fur-trimmed coat. The second is of the woman in all white, walking with a very similar, angelic girl in a pink dress, through the forest. I plan on pairing them with a french saying that I like very much. "Les grandes pensées viennent du coeur." It means "The greatest thoughts come from the heart." I've already finished the platform one. It is on a very pale white muslin. The forest will be on a slightly darker muslin, and the saying will be in white on a dark brown linen. I'm very excited!

No comments: