Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deck the Hall Ball... life as I know it....of





I still can't get over how much this concert rocked my life. Here are a few pictures that my friend Madeline took. I couldn't take my big camera, because I didn't want it to get damaged in the process of moshing. I got a few good cell phone photos, so I have beautiful backgrounds on my cellie. Also, the last picture is of Ben Gibbard, lead singer/songwriter for Death Cab for Cutie. He is probably one of the most brilliant men on the planet if you ask me.

The whole thing has really made me reconsider everything. What do I really want to do with my life? What is my purpose? Where do I want to be in a year?

I'm obviously not going to be on stage somewhere, but music is such a huge part of my life, and something I have a really big interest and knowledge base in. Maybe I want to do something in the music business.

I don't know. Just thoughts. And I've been inspired to pick up my guitar again, which I haven't done for a while. Valerie and I made some sweet music last night while we were jamming. I need new strings for my fabulous guitar, however.

I'm also trying to write some papers and I've been obsessively listening to Death Cab and the Cold War Kids. It is a pretty good time. Less than one week. Less than one week. I'm excited to see my family. I'm dreading leaving the beautiful, rainy, pacific northwest and going back to dreary, cold, snowy, nightmare Great Falls. My home is here now, and it feel weird to be leaving. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for the summer. Like I said, I have a lot of thoughts in my head.

Well, to part, I'll leave the video for Cath... by Death Cab for Cutie.


No comments: