Friday, December 5, 2008

Crazy, crazy night.

Last night was absolutely insane! We were chilling in the lounge, doing a little homework, watching Barbara Walters’s most interesting people of 2008. (10. Will Smith; 9. Michael Phelps; 8. Miley Cyrus; 7. Tina Fey; 6. Rush Limbaugh; 5. Thomas Beatie; 4. Frank Legella; 3. Sarah Palin; 2. Tom Cruise; 1. Barack Obama.) My floormate's roomie D comes in crying because she was having intense stomach pain. She had called a nurse at the hospital who recommended she come in, and she was just crying because she didn't know how to get there, and she didn't want to bug us, and I felt so horrible for her. So T, R, and I pack her into T's car and take her down to Allenmore. She got all checked in and settled, and she told us we should go and she'd call when she needed a ride. So I left her my David Sedaris book to keep her entertained and we came back to UPS. We watched P.S. I Love You and cried. Talked about death and cried. Cried a bit more. Just had a big cry fest. Then T went to bed and R and I stayed up to wait for D's call. At some point we both fell asleep in our chairs. We spent the whole night that way. We texted D at one point around 4, and she said they were doing a C.T. scan and she would be there for a couple more hours. So R and I went back to sleep. 7 in the morning rolled around and we texted her again. D walks in from her room, she had taken a cab home around 6:30 and was feeling much better because they had given her pain pills for the inflamed lymph nodes in her stomach!!!! I didn't even know that could happen!

I even got up for class and STAYED AWAKE through both classes. I would deem today a good day just based on that.
Tonight is mistletoast, so I'm going to go ice skating and have mucho funzo. I'm off. Love you all <3


No comments: