Friday, March 27, 2009

spring fever...


I think I might be getting spring fever. I just can't wait for warmth to arrive. I've been spending a lot of time listening to Death Cab for Cutie, thinking about the summer, painting, and being generally moody. I think it comes with the rain.

I'm feeling restless. I want to go somewhere. I want to do something. I want to have an adventure and I want to have change. I feel like it is a very typical college feeling though. I'm just being... well... restless.

I also feel silly writing about my own development, but I'm going to post what I had to write for you Mom, because I thought you might like to read some of what I wrote about the boring details of myself. :D

"My prenatal development was simple and healthy. My parents were both medically healthy and living together. They were financially stable and besides some minor stress that my mom went through such as homesickness, working night-shifts, and caring for a toddler, their lives were uncomplicated and fairly trouble free. My mother had few worries about my development, besides being 37 and therefore having “advanced maternal age.” Her worries were limited to those brought about by the abnormalities she saw in babies at her job as a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nurse. My sister’s birth and infant years had been normal, giving her confidence that I would be the same.

            Most parts of my early infant temperament have not carried through to my current temperament. I was always easy going and laid-back as a baby, sleeping through the night in my own room at a week of age. Even when suffering from Pyloricstenosis, I would be fed when I asked for it, eat well and sleep well. After surgery, I still slept alone in a Moses basket at the foot of my parents’ bed. I also continued to sleep through the night. Social referencing wasn’t a skill my parents recalled me using a lot. I tended to do what I wanted without looking for guidance. Learning to blow kisses around the age of nine months was one of the few examples of this that my parents could remember. I also learned to crawl around 9 months and soon became apt to climb anything I could get my hands on or around. Stranger wariness is another thing typical of infants that I never exhibited."

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Good job, Cait!!!
Enjoy your visit with M.

luv ya,
mum XOXOXOXO