Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ahhhh Tuesday...






I had a pretty good day today. I slept until noon, completely missing breakfast and my first antibiotic/pain killer of the day, but happily, I felt no pain anyways. I lazed about, did a little German, had elderbeer jogurt for breakfast (that's blueberry, I think) and then took a stroll down to the Billa (by myself, and I found my way there and back!) to get some milk and other goodies. I got everything I needed including a Magnum bar, pictured above; this delicious piece of ice cream perfection, which I was introduced to in France, was the single most wonderful (and expensive) thing I bought today. I also got a notebook for a Euro and a half. I think you might recognize the brand. And then, upon getting home, I didn't have my milk! So I guess I'll have to go get some more tomorrow. I'm not a huge milk drinker, but I like it in my tea and I've been consuming incredibly amounts of tea. I also heat it up and put musli in it for a delicious oatmeal-esque breakfast. I also got some carrots and bananas as well as some chocolate covered brezeln (which are NOT the same as american ones, they are big and soft and fluffy), some cookies with chocolate in them (sort of digestive cookie-ish), some frankfurters, some heinz cream of tomato soup, a few other things, and a pre-made club sandwich because it looked good. Well let me tell you, club sandwiches in Austria are a little different than in America. It has egg salad, tiny thick bits of chicken, bacon, and a tomato slice on it. Oh yeah, and LOTS of mayo (which I don't mind). Boy is it delicious, but it wasn't what I expected. I would call it a mother and child reunion sandwich with bacon. I'm enjoying it with a delicious raw carrot for dinner.

In other news, the Viennese love dogs! It's amazing and I love it! And not just little yappy dogs. I saw a lab and a retriever on my way to my apartment the other day, and today I saw a shaggy deer-hound type dog and a big rottweiler. Not only do they love dogs, they talk to their dogs like they'd talk to another person. I can't get enough of it. I just need to figure out how to say "I love your dog, can I pet it?" in German.

Well, until tomorrow. xoxo

PS. The first photo is of a poster for "The Bad Powells: the freaky soul and disco show" which I wish I could have seen. :) Alas, the mono gets me again.

PPS. Full-size absolutely delicious chocolate bars for 35 cents? I'm sold on this whole "Austria" thing!

1 comment:

Leslee said...

Glad to hear you had a pretty good day---me too.