Thursday, April 9, 2009

the sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you.


Spring is finally arriving in Tacoma. After weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks of grey and grey and grey and rain, the clouds parted and 3 days of sunny, warm, beautiful 70 degree weather ensued. Everyone poured onto the lawn to work, lay, and play frisbee and soccer. 

Now we're back to grey, but it is bright and the birds are chirping and there are daffodils and other various flowers and plants blooming. The trees are blossoming like crazy in big white and pink bundles, and the grass is an intense shade of neon green and yellow. When strolling around campus in the morning, birds are chirping, girls are wearing brightly colored dresses, and smiles can be seen now that everyone has stocked up on Vitamin D. At night, the fountain gushes invitingly, people are still outside, and the smell of Jasmine can be detected at several key locations around campus.

I'm digging it so much! I'm excited for spring. It is ridiculously hard to believe that I'm almost finished with my first year of college. 5 weeks left after this one is finished. I'm prepared for next year, and I'm down to some final projects being my only work for this year, and I'm expecting to get pretty good grades. Better than last semester is even a definite possibility. No more crazy three essay weekends like this one. More like minimal work, maximum play weekends, although I will by no means slack off.

I'm excited for warm days and even sunny days. On Monday, I slathered myself in sunscreen and laid in the sun just to soak it up, and I enjoyed every second of it. I plan on enjoying any more sunny days that come my way. The warmth also has inspired a bit of a resurrection of my motivation, and the warmer nights lead to opportunities such as jogging outdoors, and other things I much prefer to going to the gym.

I've started making a list of things I want to do this summer. They are small simple things like make potato stamp cards, paint with Harlee, reading different books, but they have me completely looking forward to my summer. 

I hope everyone else is anxiously anticipating the arrival of spring as, well, anxiously as I am.

I will try to write more later.
<3


1 comment:

Leslee said...

Glad life is good these days.

mum